Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Should I be concerned about errata changes to ASME Codes and where can I find them?

ASME / ANSI Standards

Should I be concerned about errata changes to ASME Codes and where can I find them?

by  bvi  Posted    (Edited  )
Significant corrections of publication errors in ASME Code documents can be made via errata. For example, in Table 323.2.2 of ASME B31.3, note (3), ôàStress Ratio defined in Fig. 323.2.2B does not exceed 0.3 times S.ö is corrected by errata to delete ôtimes S.ö The Code user should mark up his Code to include these errata. How do you know what they are? They are available, for some Codes, on the ASME website. For others, you may still need to wait for a paper copy of errata sent to the original purchaser of the Code (it could be your technical library, make sure it doesn't get lost). The ASME B31.3 errata can be found by going to the ASME website, www.asme.org and then to Codes and Standards and then to Pressure Technology Codes and Standards and then to B31 Code for Pressure Piping and then to B31.3. There, you will find errata corrections there for the 2002 edition of ASME B31.3.
Register to rate this FAQ  : BAD 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 GOOD
Please Note: 1 is Bad, 10 is Good :-)
Back