Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

20230123_112158_qfluhn.jpg
20230123_112047_zhol5l.jpg
20230123_112043_js06nq.jpg
20230123_112025_pvx7r7.jpg

That battery probably retained the setup parameters in static RAM and now that information is gone. There was probably a procedure to replace the battery and that replacement should have been 5-10 years ago. That procedure would retain that information during the battery swap.

Google only finds a single repair location for them. They may have the programmer required to put the correct information into that memory chip and know what that information is, but I would be looking for a new unit.

The MWM TEM is a gas engine management system. It is a plc in structure, but the program is locked, and access is only allowed for MWM trained personnel.

For obscure faults like this you should contact your generating set supplier, local MWM agent or MWM directly. Sorry but there is no sensible alternative.

If the system has a modem or internet access fitted then MWM may be able to connect remotely in the first instance.

That is only the CPU, not the memory, the interface circuitry, the software.

If there are restrictions that prevent you getting the replacement, those restrictions probably apply to most everyone on this forum. If not, then you are losing time in placing the request to MWM.

I agree with 3DDave.

Avat are the manufacturer of the TEM hardware, but the software is MWM I think. Certainly the engine parameters and PID loops are MWMs. MWM will insist that you deal with them, although AVAT do supply some upgrades for legacy equipment. The TEM has been upgraded several times since it was introduced in the early 1990's.

Engine management systems are protected against tampering, as you could damage the engine if you made a mistake.

MWM are now a division of Caterpillar, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back