Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

1784-PKTS Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

stripedbass

Industrial
Feb 17, 2001
US
Does anyone know where I can get the driver for the AB PKTS PCI card? We're running Windows 2000 Pro. and RSLinx Lite. The drivers downloaded from the AB web site did not work. Any help appreciated.

thanks,

SB

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think that you mean the PKTX card.

Have you tried your RSLogix CD? They are included on every RSLogix5 and RSLogix500.

Look here on the cd:

D:\RSLinxLt\PnP_Drivers\Win2K\1784-PKTX(D)

Steve

It is PKTS. It's a remote I/O card sitting in a PCI slot. I talked to AB and they tell me the driver is embedded in their Softlogix package and not available as a stand-alone.

I would think that the driver is out there somewhere.

thanks,

SB

From the Rockwell Knowledgebase:

G27039699 - No Windows 2000 Plug and Play Drivers in SoftLogix 5 for PCI cards

"SoftLogix 5 does not contain Plug and Play (PnP) drivers. All of the drivers contained in SoftLogix 5 follow the legacy Windows NT driver model. All of the drivers and cards supported by SoftLogix 5 work with no issues in Windows 2000. However, since SoftLogix 5 does not include any plug and play drivers, any PCI card installed for use with SoftLogix 5 in Windows 2000 will be continuously detected by the operating system on a reboot. The only to prevent this is to install a plug and play driver from another source or disable plug and play detection for the operation system.

RSLinx provides a pnp driver for the 1784-PKTX(D) card. IOLinx for DeviceNet provides a pnp driver for the 1784-PCIDS card. There is no pnp driver for the 1784-PKTS card. "

Viewable here:

Okay, let's say we do not have the SoftLogix software program but we have a few PKTS cards that we want to test. Since, if I read the above correctly, the PKTS cards will NOT be initiated because there is no PnP for the PKTS in RSLinx when Linx is started.

You must have the SoftLogix program to run the card? Is that correct? Is there another way to test the card outside of SoftLogix?

Thanks.

SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back