Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 questions on USDFLD subroutine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yunus9696

Mechanical
Apr 14, 2022
IR
Hello everyone
Hope you are fine.

I have 2 questions about USDFLD:
1. In case I have 3 Materials (3 Field variables) and I am using USDFLD in the 4th step, by which Material the analysis gets done in 3 previous steps?
In another words, before USDFLD starts working, which material is used?

2. Is there a way to set stress, strain or any other variable to zero during analysis?
I want to use USDFLD in the 4th step for a specific part of my model, but I want the state of that part of the model at 4th step serve as the zero/reference state and, for example, strains above or below that state determine the choice of Materials.
For example:
strain in an arbitrary element of the part at the end of step 3 is 0.02
My USDFLD subroutine starts working at step 4
in this subroutine I specified stains below 0.03 get Field variable 1 and stains above 0.03 get Field variable 2
In the 4th step I have a loading that increases that element's strain by 2 other percents and makes it 0.04
in this case my subroutine will give Field variable 2 to the element however I want the initial strain at the beginning of the 4th step serve as the reference/zero state and by a 2 percent increase in strain it would be still under 0.03 criteria and subroutine gives it Field variable 1.
consider this issue in a part with thousands of element to which USDFLD is applied.

Please let me know if my questions are not clear enough,
Best regards,
Yunus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back