Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 Windchill Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

qnen

Mechanical
Oct 24, 2008
US
I'm just starting to hunt down solutions to these two issues, and I figured I would post here to see if anyone has had similar issues. I am also looking at PTC community and the PTC.com site.

We are on Pro/E WF5/Creo Elements with Windchill 10.2 (M010 build of WC), Windows 7, SQL

Issue 1 - I have had about 4 users all of the sudden get a corrupt workspace to the point that Pro/E dumped immediately after logging into Windchill. My solution was to rename (or delete) their cache folder and then create a new connection to the Windchill server. This happened weeks apart for each user, so I don't really know what triggered it.

Issue 2 - Three times now coming in on Monday morning, the Windchill service has stopped. Sometime over the weekend, something happened to cause it to stop. IT says the server and peripherals did not stop, only the windchill service. Digging through log files but no smoking gun yet.

Vague questions I know, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if anyone else has experienced things like this.
Thanks

Michael Kuehnen, Kansas City

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Issue 2 I solve by scheduling a server reboot every morning at 5AM, before the building is opened. Windchill is fresh and ready for a day of work when the users start logging in.

Issue 1, I will assume you are on WF5m210 or higher? There has been a lot of chatter in the PTC/User exploder about corrupt workspaces recently. I have not had any in 4+ years of being here. We are on Oracle and do use limited family tables.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Thanks for the feedback. We are on at least M210 of WF5. However with Windchill 10.2, we are still on M010 CPS03. Working with IT to get a test instance of SQL / Windchill setup so we can start testing/implementing windchill patches. Hopefully some of this is solved with more recent builds.

Also, I will start requesting users perform more routine maintenance on their workspace. I saw your (looslib) suggestions re this on a different forum.

Thanks

Michael Kuehnen, Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back