Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2006 AWS D1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PVGuy

Mechanical
Apr 16, 2002
US
Has anyone read any articles on the changes to the 2006 AWS code from the 2004 version? Is there another resource, like a website, that has this information. Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I just received my copy this afternoon and haven't had time to crack the binding yet. There is usually some information on the changes listed. I'll let you know in a day or so.

Al

Does anyone have an editable WPS/WPQ in word or Excel?
I have found very few on the web. I would like to have one that is similar to the weld program weld pro write. The ones on the web are basiclly the suggested format from ASME. WPW has four coloums for mutipual processes. Two for qualificated with and two for qualified to. This is what I am after. Please help......... Thanks

I write my WPSs using MS Word. I use the list of variables found in the applicable welding code or standard. Simply set up a table using MS Word. You can set it up with as many columns as you need. I find it easier to set up a table using Word because I can vary the width of each "box" and I can change the number of columns in each row. That's something I haven't been able to do with MS Excel.

Good luck - Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back