Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2009- Fonts won't display correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

JStephen

Mechanical
Aug 25, 2004
US
I just updated to AutoCAD 2009. On our former drawings under 2008, we had a bigfont font that worked just fine. Under 2009, though, when you pull that font up in the text editor, it displays correctly in the editor- but when you're done, it shifts to some other font for display on the screen and in the printout. In "properties", it's shown correctly.

Perhaps related, when I go to the text style editor, the preview doesn't show it correctly, although the files seem to be there, and the search paths are set correctly.

Any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's an old font used on a lot of our older drawings, and also used for titles on newer drawings, and seems to be an issue on new drawings or older as well. Not normally used in dimensions, but I just tried it, and same thing there. Same with singleline and multiline- it shows the correct font when you're typing it in, then switches to something else when you hit "enter".

On the screen,I can not explain it but on the drawing, certain fonts overwhelm the printer memory.
What is the name of the font.
Also try using the same font on a new drawing and print it out to see what happens.

I have not idea what changed, but today, I cranked up the computer, opened AutoCAD 2009, and the font that wouldn't display or print is displaying and printing. Maybe rebooting was all it needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back