Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2009 ribbon disappeared and cannot install

Status
Not open for further replies.

teaaddict

Mechanical
Jul 20, 2007
GB
I upgraded to AutoCAD Mechanical 2009 in November. After Christmas I the toolbars disappeared so I reinstalled. Since then I have either reinstalled or repaired once per week. After the last repair I copied all the user profiles to a separate directory so I could copy them back if they became corrupted.
I still had the same issue.
I then contacted the vendor who recommended a full remove and clean install.
On their recommendation I uninstalled all AutoCAD products from the control panel. However AutoCAD did not uninstall completely. I then deleted all AutoCAD directories and remove the references from the registry as per the instruction.
The result is that the installer won’t install since it thinks a newer version of AutoCAD 2009 is installed. And I can’t uninstall since it’s deleted.
The vendors attitude is join our support scheme and we will take your machine away and reformat it £360.
I have installed 2008 which is ok so far.
Any help would be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Reformat your hard drive and reinstall Windows on your computer, then install AutoCAD 2009 and any service packs in order. It's a pain in the bum, but it doesn't cost 360 quid.

Type CUI and you should be able to check the toolbars that you want shown.

I recall something about a ctrl hotkey that 'cleaned' the working space in cad.

Another thing to do once you have your toolbars back is to save the workspace, so you can restore it.

Don't pay the vendor, that sounds like extortion.

<- a great place for CAD questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back