Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

2022 CBC engineering software

Status
Not open for further replies.

GVCivilGuy

Civil/Environmental
Jun 4, 2007
US
With the code changing in California on Jan 1 to the 2022 CBC/CRC etc.. I discovered today that Enercalc will no longer support the CBC only the IBC!
Now I have to find some new software for the office.
Can someone recommend structural analysis software with the same capability or similar to Enercalc? Specifically my office focuses on single family dwellings.

Thank you,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think you would be hard pressed to find anything of substantial difference for most structural calculations between IBC and CBC.

You could always provide a statement that qualifies that the software is designing per IBC but the relevant provisions of IBC and CBC are matching for these relevant calculations.

I have seen this done over the years for IBC vs CBC, as well as for Older editions of codes.

"Yes my software is designing based on ACI 318-14, but for these specific calculations, there is no consequential difference and the new version of the provisions are met by inspection."

There is sometimes push back from the plan checkers on this approach, and certainly there are some provisions and calculations that are impacted by code updates etc.

Hi GVCivilGuy,

We're actually right in the middle of finishing our updates for CBC 2022 here at ClearCalcs. We've focused on single-family residential (HCD-1 amendments). We've got most everything done, biggest thing left is updating concrete calculations to ACI 318-19 as it's newly referenced by IBC 2021 / CBC 2022.

Would love to hear if there's anything specific to CBC 2022 in particular that you'd like to see in your structural software, we'll do our best to implement it :)

Thanks!

-Laurent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back