Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

24K Turbo Blower overhaul how important is it??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaserSpyder

Materials
Jun 4, 2014
US
I have an Amada FO 3015 laser and the 24K turbo blower over haul is coming in about 700 hours and if it comes with a hefty price tag $20,000.00 give or take a few bucks.. so my Big bosses want to know what is a turbo blower??? what does it do??? how important it is to change the turbo blower at the 24k suggested time??? what happens if we go over the 24k hours besides the core charge being void???
has anyone chose not to do overhaul at 24k suggested time?
thank you guys very much for this information!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I believe if you exceed the recommended change interval Amada will give you nothing for the old blower so that's a considerable additional expense.

Ignoring that, I believe blower failure is likely to cause the entire system to become contaminated. This requires many additional parts to be cleaned or replaced (mirrors, tubes, etc)...which can become very expensive. In other words, if you think the turbo replacement is expensive you don't want to have anything to do with the cost of a turbo failure. Call Amada and ask them what the risks are and what the typical cost is when a blower fails. I wouldn't be surprised if the price doubled. You can have companies other than Amada do this service but I would proceed with caution.

The fiber laser is a beautiful thing.

Turbo blower failure results in a scrap resonator. So if it does fail you will be looking at 80k repair cost along with a couple weeks down time. So I would not risk it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back