Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2D drawing "embedded" in CATPart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manuel Pimenta

Mechanical
Aug 17, 2019
PT
Hi,

In my component database I have a few components that are constructed via design tables.
These components are used over and over again in the projects, with very little variation in relation to the design table standard.

After the project is done, the next step is to make 2D drawings of each component. Right now this is done from scratch, using as start point a drawing template with only the title block.

What i would like to do is have in the database a 2D drawing already prepared, with the required views and dimensions. The drawings will be linked to the database components.

Does anyone know if is possible to have some kind of connection between drawing and CATPart so that everytime the CATPart is instantiated in a new project, the drawing would be automatically called together? I've seen something like this in Siemens NX.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We generally don't use 2D drawings, but when we need, we make the drawing to the original component, and them we make a copy of drawing to the new designed component. Then there is a need to replace links, from the original, to the new one. It's not the same as NX, but I think it can be a major step forward.

Tiago Figueiredo
Tooling Engineer

Youtube channel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back