Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2D drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo30

Mechanical
Feb 4, 2004
GB
When creating a 2D drawing, you select a base view which is then listed in the model tree.Can anybody tell me if there is a way that i can renumber the part (ipt) in the tree on the 2D drawing if the model part number has changed? As i do not wish to re-create the 2D drawing. I am using Inventor 11, any help on this is greatly appreciated as i see this happening more often in the future. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Through windows explorer, go to the .idw you have made of the part. Right click on the .idw and open "Design Assistant."

When it opens, on the left side of the screen is a tree. Click on "Manage." This may take a few minutes depending on file size. When it opens, go to the .ipt line and right click on the "Action" square and choose "Rename." Further down the same line will be the file name (____.ipt), simply click on the name and rename it.

This should rename everything and maintain all parametrics. I do believe that you'll have to manually change the .idw file name thru windows explorer.

On the model tree (.idw), if you double-LMB slowly, you can rename the sheet to whatever you want. It doesn't change file names or anything else, just the name of that item in the model tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back