Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2D Pro/E (WF 3.0) save to dwg AutoCAD 2007 - scale mm to inches proble

Status
Not open for further replies.

gesigner

Mechanical
Apr 29, 2002
US
We dump most 2D out of Wildfire 3.0 M090 into AutoCAD 2007 Mechanical. I have a Pro/E drawing in metric that when I save into AutoCAD, turns each mm into an inch. So I get a huge drawing in AutoCAD – a 2.5” diameter part becomes 65 inches instead of 65mm. I can scale it down in ACAD but then the dimensions in ACAD need reworked and there are 15 different styles to rework. I can explode everything and then scale it but don’t want everything exploded. I tried scaling the model in Pro/E to inches, but this makes the Pro/E drw views a mess.

Is there a config setting in Pro/E that will scale this correctly for import into ACAD? Thanks.

Garry

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There was a time when AutoMAD was unitless. I think PTC thinks it still is. You can go into AutoMAD Format/Units/and change it to mm. Not sure what effect if any that has on dimensions.

I recall messing with a couple of Pro/E config settings to solve that problem. Take a look at dxf_out_drawing_scale and dxf_out_scale_views.

Hope this helps.

Farmboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back