Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

316 SS x 1/4" Plates

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaw1

Chemical
Oct 26, 2008
TT
FOlks,

DO you what is the balst proetction provided by uisng 316 SS x 1/4" thick plates? I would like to use this for hosuing a hydraulic unit with pressures up to 6000 psig. Is there any specs. on this ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

eaw1;
Your question is confusing. If you want help you need to re-state your question with proper English or have someone help you re-state your question.

I know eaw1's english is bad but metengr did you get that he said
'Do you know what is the blast protection provided by using 316 SS X 1/4" thick plates? I would like to use this for housing a hydraulic a hydraulic unit with pressures up to 6000 psig. Is there any specifications for this? ' His writing was only slightly worse than other people.

cloa;
I did not get what the OP wrote and even your revision did not help. Is the poster intending to build a chamber or case to provide blast protection? What is the source of the blast, a hydraulic hose or tank failure? Sorry but still confused.

The problem is not the English, is the lack of engineering capacity to formulate a proper question. This still could be a lack of proper English or worst, the lack of understanding of the structures blast protection. Either way, the question as formulated looks like a stab in the dark, hoping that someone will give them something to run with. Many people in this forum are willing to reach out with a helping hand, sometimes the first help being the request to re-formulate the question in a clear engineering form.
To clarify the question, please be advised that a piece of plate cannot offer any blast protection to anything and anyone. The blast may be translated as a pressure affecting a given area of a structure, like a housing for a hydraulic unit. Details are required for the blast pressure, the size, shape, orientation of the housing, etc.., in order to enable the helper to provide a proper engineering advice.
Best regards,
gr2vessels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back