Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3D centreline in Revolved Section View?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHTH

Mechanical
Nov 1, 2010
GB
Is anyone else able to add 3D centrelines to revolved section views and if so, what am I missing, as I can't convince NX to do it?

I've looked around and there's a post from 5 years ago (thread561-185631) - a list of the top 10 ER's for each module. This behaviour was requested (Drafting, point 6) but was it ever implemented?

Thanks,

Jon

JHTH
NX 7.5.5 + TC 8.3.2.2

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's because a revolved section is a different animal compared to regular sections.
A regular section view contains solid body that's been cut using the section line as the knife. It contains faces selectable for the 3d Centerline.
A Revolved section is a multi projection thats been puzzled together, it therefore doesn't contain any faces.
I assume that flattening a solid, and then compensating the what is seen behind the cut, is very difficult to accomplish.
Regards,
Tomas

It appears that you will need to continue to use 2D Centerlines which work just fine in a Revolved Section View. Generally speaking this means that you will have to make TWO point selections instead of ONE face selection per centerline symbol.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Thanks, everyone. I'm dealing with an "I'm sure I did this in UG v18.0" type situation so I just wanted to check that it had never been implemented, as is suggested in the post I referred to earlier.

Cheers,

Jon

JHTH
NX 7.5.5 + TC 8.3.2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back