Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

3D Constraints MDT4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorwinion

Mechanical
Dec 5, 2002
US
When in Assembly mode the cross hair is visible. I attempt to add constraints to a part. I move the crosshair to the 3D Constraints toolbar and the pointer is visible. I select a constraint (mate) and move the pointer off of the toolbar. As soon as the pointer moves off the toolbar, it disappears. The pickbox is not seen. I do see a flashing glimpse of the pickbox now and then as it is moved across the screen. As the mouse is moved and the pickbox passes over a part, the part highlights as normal, but the pickbox is not to be seen. Is there a setting that is turned off? Or something that is not being loaded?

My PC’s operating system had crashed a few weeks ago and I do not recall having this problem.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Never got rid of the problem until reinstalling, then I kept up to date with the service packs. There is a workaround you might want to try. Your cursor is not disapearing, just turning black and blending in with your background. Change the color of the background to another color. Try color #253 for starters and also change your command line background to #254. It's actually a little easier on the eyes.
Assist>Options>Display>Colors
Draw a few circles and lines in yellow and cyan, then choose a screen color that doesn't doesn't hurt your eyes.
Experiment a little.

Flores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back