Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3d drawing --> excel sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

threeway

Mechanical
Jun 4, 2003
NL
Hello,

I'm trying to extract a list of parts from a 3d drawing.
The list must be put in Excel with the sizes, materials and colour. Also each part must have it's own name.
When I have this list in Excel I can create a sheet used by the sawguys, which use it to create the boards/planks so cabinets/furniture can be made.

Is there a way to do this, for someone with little programming experience ?

I know you can get the sizes with _massprop, but I don't know how to put these in 1 excel file. There is also _list, which creates one big list, but I don't know how to use/sort this info.

Further more, most of the parts are just plain boards, but some boards have a carve in them. Is it possible to retreive these carves aswell (place of the carve etc.)?
It also needs to ignore the handles.

Thanks in advance,

Bart Boonacker

Ps. drawing can be provided, a autocad 2004 3d file.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Threeway
You can assign attibutes to your drawing by using the ATTDEF command. You can tabulate this information by creating a special template file. After the template file is completed, the ATTEXT command can be used to create an extract file that allows Autocad to find and list the attributes specified in the template file and transfer the information into Excel. Hope this helps - John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back