Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3d experience stamping die design role 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's interesting. I already question my Var about this. I'm still waiting for his information.
I would like to make a trial, but I've never used 3d experience before. Maybe I will waste much time learning 3d Experience, and don't have the needed time to see the capabilities of this new role.

Tiago Figueiredo
Tooling Engineer

Youtube channel:

Yes i've already see a lot of videos of 3d experience. unfortunately , never test it. As far as I've understand, the improvements in user interface, are really interesting. V5 it's becoming outdated in terms of GUI, compared to others, and also needs more mouse clicking than others. I hope that the number of mouse clicks, have been improved.

Tiago Figueiredo
Tooling Engineer

Youtube channel:

Today, I went to my Var to have my first taste of 3d Experience. It was the R2018X

we focused a lot in the plm, it's really interesting. For a person, like me, that uses the old V5, managing all files, with windows folders, it's a big new.
Usually, for control the version of the files, we have implemented in our company that the file and part number should have a Part number + -00 to control versions. With plm there is no need of use it. It's a bit confusing not to see files, but it's something that we must get used. It's really amazing the amount of information, that can be located in the plm.

Regarding the CAD. what a fresh air coming inside it. It's really a step forward that user interface. I was amazed in the way that they have reduced the mouse clicks.And by the way, the generative shape design role, is far superior than the GS1 in v5. And according to my VAR, in a much interesting price. According to him cheaper than V5, in this particular case.

@Ferdo- Regarding macros, the automation, is exposed in the same way that V5? With same functionalities?

Tiago Figueiredo
Tooling Engineer

Youtube channel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back