Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3D Systems 3500HD MAX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcsideshow

Mechanical
Dec 23, 2014
US
Anybody else out there using a 3500HD MAX? How's it going? I have had nothing but problems with ours. Service guys are here at least once a month. Can't depend on it. They will not replace. I am pushing at least for an extended warranty.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The technicians are from the reseller most of the time. They are not that knowledgeable but do everything that 3DS says to do. 3DS is sending a tech. This will be the second time the factory tech had to come. issues have been sensors going out. main board change out. Power supply went out. material canisters leaking. Current problem they suspected the umbilical. Changed it but did not fix it. Changed pump but did not fix it. Now have factory technician coming. We go in streaks when we run it. They suggested to run every week. If material wasn't so expensive it may not be an issue. They have suggested to only run the crystal. I did not buy it to run just one material. It's in a near clean room controlled environment.

Are you having jetting issues? What material are you currently using, X or Black? Black must be ran everyday, and even then it will clog up the head without maintenance. X can be ran less often, but still should be ran a couple times a week with head maintenance before each print. Crystal, is the most "fluid" of all the material. They made that recommendation based on your use of the printer. I know of people who let their machine set for months sometimes with Crystal and have no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back