Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3D Systems, 3D Printer, ProJet CPX 3500 Max, Wax removals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatemsaid

Industrial
May 14, 2014
EG
Hi All,
I have 3D Printer, ProJet CPX 3500 Max and I'm using VisiJet M3 Hi-Cast wax for modling and VisiJet S400 for supporting, but I'm facing some difficulties while removing the supports (since I'm using the printer for jewellery applications).

So, if anyone, could help with any idea regarding the supports removing process please share with me.

Thank you a lot and waiting your reply adn reactions.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can you elaborate on what issues you're having with removal of the supports?

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

I'm using Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) and Polypropylene Glycol (PPG-425) as a first solution in a 1 : 1 Ratio by weight and PPG-425 with water 20 : 80 by weight as a second solution.
Solution # 1 up to 45' C then on a magnetic stirrerfor around 60 minutes till the supports get removed then use Solution # 2 which heatedd to 42 ' C for 15 minutes by rinsing the parts inisde it.
this steps should remove the Visijet S400 completely or at least to became easier for removing the support, then to get my parts (VisiJet M3 Hi-Cast) clean it and send to casting process, but Unfortunately this is not happening, the S400 not moved, dissolved or get melted. it's just get soften and became more diffecult to control the origenal parts, since it's get influenced by the high temperature from the solutions. (and some details get lost as well)

is there any way or spacifice solution could help to dissolve the VisiJet S400 ?? Thank you

If the alcohol isn't dissolving the wax by itself, the second solution isn't going to help. What percentage is your IPA? Have you considered a test dip with just IPA and no heat to determine if it is having any influence? A sufficiently weak IPA will show similar results to what you're seeing...

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

Good Morning,

I'm using the IPA with 100 %, even I try it with different percantages but it's not giving the right result.
I even try to use the Invision Oven to heat the parts but it's giving any sufficient result.

I don't know what to do, if anyone using the same machine with the same wax for jewellery applecations, please help with details, photos or vedios.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back