Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3dfxogl.dll and mfc42.dll invalid page fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheeln

Mechanical
Oct 30, 2002
US
when I use Solidworks I receive invalid page faults. I have noticed that the invalid page fault occurs when I open a window to select points to measure. The first fault is with 3DFXOGL.DLL. This forces me to close the program. Then after the program is closed I receive a invalid page fault with MFC42.DLL. I searched my computer and found that I have 5 3DFXOGL.DLL FILES. I also found that I have 6 MFC42.DLL files. I am curious if It is normal to have numerous files of that sort. I am using a AMD 650 with 512mb of ram and 16mb voodoo 3 3000 GTV AGP graphics card

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sounds like the sort of thing that happens when you install a program with the virus checker running. Uninstall and reload the package.

Crashj

Hello,

The MFC42.DLL typically indicates a problem with video.

Please turn on Software OpenGL. First close all SolidWorks documents, then from the main menu in SolidWorks:

Tools > Options > System Options > Performance > check ON Software OpenGL

This will disable the hardware acceleration.
Also in the Windows Display Properties select Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting and lower the Hardware Acceleration to the second last level.

Finally, if you boot up in SAFE MODE do you still crash?

Please note that the Voodoo is designed for computer games not for CAD, you may want to look into a video card designed for CAD (e.g. ATI FireGL 8800, Oxygen 3Dlabs, or nVidia Quadro).

cheers,

Joseph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back