Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

42" HP Designjet 5000ps Prints 98" Exactly 3/4s of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Mechanical
Sep 9, 2020
US

So this printer will print a B01 size graphic exactly one time and then the next it's off by 1/8th inch the next. It's like a roulette game and sometimes it will print exactly for a few days and then it's back to printing a bit off. SO like I use the custom page size of 40 x 100 in the postscript custom size and it will print right RIGHT ON the mark at 98" See I purchased a box of 4 rolls of 24 bond 42" paper and I have gone through 200 feet of paper trying to figure out what is causing it to print off one time and then right on the next. So it will one-time print 1/4" off like its supposed to be 50" and it prints 49 7/8 inches or 49 1/4" like it will print bad 4 times in a row and then it will give me accurate prints for the next 5. So on it goes like this.

The firmware is the most recent and I wonder if I should move it back to an older version of firmware OR if I can find a different driver for it.

I have run the calibrations on the printer. It is capable of printing exactly. I have printed from 3 different workstations a g5 and a few windows 7 setups. THe workstation is not the cause. Does anyone have a hp Designjet 5000ps setup disk? driver they are no longer available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back