Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5kV Termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeezlouise

Electrical
Dec 18, 2007
US
This is a USA application.
I need to terminate a set of 5kV shielded single conductor cables (500kcmil) at lugs in an MV switch. Can anyone recommend a particular manufacturer's kit. Or, are there any in particular that you do not recommend. I'm aware of Raychem and 3M but I don't know who's kit is easiest to install and the most reliable. Price is probably not an issue. It's been awhile since I've had terminations done and if memory serves me correctly the electrical contractor really struggled last time due to a lack of know-how rather than the kit itself. Thanks in advance for the help and recommendations.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The only person you want doing MV terminations is someone that does them all the time. Find somebody who does lots of terminations and go with their preferred kit.

Yes that's good advice. Thanks. However, this work is just a small part of a larger job that will be bid so I wanted to specify a particular kit. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back