6 mm Corrosion Allowance for Carbon Steel Flange 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatinsanghvi

Materials
Jul 27, 2013
IN
Hello,

Our client has a requirement of Carbon Steel Spectacle Blind Flange, ASME B16.48, AC04
They need 6 mm Corrosion Allowance.

Kindly advise the MOC for the flange. The dimension of the flange should be changed or it should be as per spec?

Thanking you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hmmmm,

Not that easy.

Normally flanges are only able to accommodate CA by decreasing the bore of the flange, essentially matching the increased wt of the joining pipes.

Blind flanges though are kind of fixed dimensions and don't really allow for this.

I can only suggest that maybe you use a corrosion resistant spectacle blind so if the blank end is being used it doesn't corrode.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Thank you for reply.

For the spacer part, should I decrease the bore? What about the thickness? That also need to be increased?

Can I use ASTM A350 Grade LF2 Material?

Thanking you.

Awaiting your reply.

What is the deadline for your work assignment?

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

For the spacer part (i.e. the hole, yes I would reduce the spacer part to match the ID of the pipe.

Leave thickness as is, but to match the thickness of the blind part then you might need to increase the thickness.

Or make it from Duplex.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

You mean WE have upto mid August

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back