Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

616 ALARM EIL ERROR IN AN MTU DIESEL ENGINE

Status
Not open for further replies.

angeldelangel

Electrical
Nov 25, 2014
MX
Hi everybody,

I am trying to start an MTU diesel engine with another ECU (Electronic Control Unit) from a similar engine, and I am receiving this error code: 616 ALARM EIL ERROR. I found this is an Engine Identification label error. I want to bypass or fix this error and start the engine with this ECU.

Any inputs are appreciated

Angel DelAngel

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You may not get any suitable response in this forum, as it is used by Plc engineers, and an engine controller is not actually a plc.

I suggest you red flag this post and re post in say Engine and Turbine Engineering forum.

I am not familiar with the MTU controller, but if it's set up like others, it will go into fault mode if you swap it between engines without re commissioning the controller. Even seemingly identical engines can require different commissioning settings, for example the actual pressure drop across clean lube filters can be used to set up the lube pressure switch settings.

So you may need the commissioning software from MTU to do this.

Please repost and someone who really knows about the MTU should see it and help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back