Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A320 stringer rivets ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rb1957

Aerospace
Apr 15, 2005
CA
hi guys,

I've tried to find out the rivets Airbus use to attach fuselage stringers. My client says he's looked into the SRM and couldn't find anything (odd?). I'm looking at the top stringers, near fr33 (i think) ... fwd fuselage for sure. I know the skin is 0.063" thick, so I'm expecting full head (426 style) 5/32" ... i'd expect AD but could be D material.

anyone help ?

cheers

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I believe the information you seek regarding repairs to stringers is in chapter 53-00-13 of the A320 SRM. If your client has access to the SRM, can they show you that chapter?

If you are looking for original rivet data, not stringer repair data, I don't have those drawings available. But I can tell you that chapter 53-00-13 contains several rivet part numbers that appear to be specific to certain locations, thicknesses, or joint buildups for the repair process. You need the chapter and figures to determine where each rivet type can be used, but the chapter lists MS20470DD5, MS20470DD6, NAS1242DD5 and NAS1097DD6 and HL11VF6/HL70-6 as fasteners. There may be more. I did not review all 26 pages in detail.

FYI I am looking at the Feb 01/12 revision of the SRM which I am viewing on the Airbus portal, so it should be current.

Briefly worked on mapping while there and rivets p/n's do change, even at a single frame location. I reckon you'd need original dwgs. Can't log into the AIB portal anymore but don't think it had original dwgs access anyways. Do have some repair substantiation for A340 lying on my desk but unfortunately not relevant... and also all in french... malheureusement :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back