Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AB 1791-N4V2 ANALOG BLOCK I/O

Status
Not open for further replies.

controltestguy

Electrical
Mar 10, 2004
US
I could use some help configuring a N4V2 (4 inputs, 2 outputs) analog i/o block talking to a SLC. In the past I have used a 1747SN scanner module for discrete inputs with no problems.

However, with the analog block, I get good communications with the scanner and block but do not see any data in the SLC. I believe I have to do a block transfer in the SLC and that is the area I need help with.

The scanner is sitting in slot 3 and the G3 data is set up for a 1/4 rack. Communications is good. I'm using the voltage input (0-10 VDC)in the block.

I saw a note in the install instructions for configuring the inputs on the block i/o (0-10, 1-5, etc) but did not see how to do that.

I'm using RSLogix 4.10. If I could get an example of BTW, BTR, it would be appreciated.

thanks,

CTG

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have never used this particular setup, but configuring the analog I/O card should be no different than a card in the local rack. You probably need to do a first-scan setup of the analog I/O card by moving (MOV) or copying (COP) an integer file into word 0 of each analog channel. The integer vale will be dependant upon how bits 0-15 are set. The bits are set accordingly to your desired setup. The programming manual will show which bits to set for different input/output ranges, filtering, open wire alarm, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back