Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Abaqus-CAE : Radial Partition

shubbad

Structural
Sep 25, 2023
IN
Hello everyone, I need some help. I need to create a partition on a surface, similar to what I've shown in the front view. However, I am struggling to partition it in 3D. Should I sketch the section and revolve it to ensure the entire radial surface is divided into 200 mm segments? I've attached a figure for better clarity. Please guide me.
image_qmfr5y.png
WhatsApp_Image_2024-10-16_at_8.42.45_PM_uiiytk.jpg
Partition_face_zyhxqa.png
image_ifv3k1.png
WhatsApp_Image_2024-10-16_at_8.42.45_PM_isagvy.jpg

Regards,
Shub

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure how you want to partition it and where that 200 mm dimension is. It would be better to mark it on the 3D model. Do you want to partition only the surface or some volume ? There are different partitioning techniques for faces and volumes. It will be much easier if it's possible to do this using a datum plane.

Hello Sir.
I have highlighted the relevant area in pink on the 3D model. I need to create a 200 mm partition so that I can assign two different properties to the sections.

Thanks & Regards,
Shub

The above pictures don't explain how (not what) should be partitioned. Maybe for now make 2 parts of it - duplicate the part and cut the unnecessary segment from one copy using CAD operations, then assemble the parts together and color them based on instances.

Hello sir, sorry for the confusion earlier. Let me explain the situation. The concreting was completed up to the shaded region, but due to the rain, a 200 mm layer of concrete was washed away. In my analysis, I want to partition this 200 mm layer so I can assign it a different property.

Regards,
Shub
IMG_20241018_110745_cky8ob.jpg

Back