Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ABAQUS Convergence

Status
Not open for further replies.

han_cyuan

Structural
Sep 20, 2023
TW
%E6%9C%AA%E5%91%BD%E5%90%8D_uk6uqr.jpg

I use ROUGH in the interaction and it cannot converge. How do I need to modify the settings?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Does it converge without rough contact ? Or with tie constraints instead of contact ? Did you try enabling automatic stabilization ? What is the behavior in the normal direction ?

Currently, a quarter of the simulated test vehicle is being built and will move on the bridge. The interaction is to set hard contact and rough. Will using the automatic stabilization function make my convergence better?
Want to enable axle coupling through rough surfaces

Automatic stabilization is meant to aid convergence. It can be defined in step settings or specifically for contact. Which type of analysis step are you using ?

Use Tools->Job Diagnostics or msgfile.info to find what node and issue is preventing convergence. After you understand the problem then you can fix it. If you have no idea what is wrong then you (and we) are only guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back