Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ABAQUS EXAMPLE PROBLEM "TREAD WEAR SIMULATION USING ADAPTIVE MESHING IN ABAQUS/ STANDARD" 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GovindRb

Automotive
May 22, 2022
IN
Hello, community

I have been trying To run a simple ABAQUS example simulation " TREAD WEAR SIMULATION USING ADAPTIVE MESHING IN ABAQUS/ STANDARD" from the ABAQUS documentation. When I go to the example problem in the documentation I am finding 6 input files and a FORTRAN script. I need to run the full three-dimensional model of the tire, but I am getting errors from the example problem.
Can anyone help me to figure out how to run the full 3d model of the tyre along with the FORTRAN script as I am very new to ABAQUS.

I look forward to hear from you all.
Regards
Govind

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am running the files in PBS, Jobs- Altair Access. I have run subroutines before and I have not got any errors there. So I feel the problem is not with the Fortran compiler.

If you see the Documentation, I am able to run the file "treadwear_axi.inp", Now I want to run the file "treadwear_rev.inp". I have put this inp file as the main inp and added the remaining 5 inp's as additional files and added the fortran script as Subroutine file.
But the file "treadwear_rev.inp" failed to run.

Can you suggest me how to run these inps in abaqus.
My requirement is to run the full 3 dimensional model of the tire with the subroutine.

Regards

You need all files from a completed first stage of the analysis (treadwear_axi.inp) since the next stage (treadwear_rev.inp) performs symmetric model generation - creates a partial 3D model from an axisymmetric one (restart files are utilized for this procedure). Then the following input files create a full 3D model by mirroring the partial one.

This is explained at the end of the "Problem description and model definition" section of the "Tread wear simulation using adaptive meshing in Abaqus/Standard" documentation chapter.

I was able to run all the .inp files. One last thing I wanted to ask you, the Fortran script that is being used here in the analysis, this script can be used only for this particular example problem of "Tread wear simulation" right?

It uses the general Archard wear model so you should be able to rather easily adapt it for your purposes. The details of how this subroutine works here are described in the "Wear model" paragraph (especially in the "Wear process implementation" subsection).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back