Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Abaqus frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

999martyna

Civil/Environmental
Oct 11, 2015
US
Hi,

I have some problems with calculations in Abaqus. I am trying to calculate free vibrations. I consider plate ( section - shell), simply supported plate. I want to check the impact of forces subjected in the edge of the plate (graph2) on first four frequencies mode (graph 2). Unfortunetaley, if I change the value of the force it doesnt show any change in the result of mentioned frequencies. I don't know how can I change the options in Abaqus to obain expected results. Any your help would be extremely appretiated.

Best regards,
Martyna

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=8ea917b1-8a5f-4461-b4b3-827f8c13c2f4&file=graph_2.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Martyna,

Please correct me if I misinterpreted your attached picture. But it seems to me that you are applying loads to edges that - through boundary conditions - are not allowed to deform. Maybe you could move the loads to just inside the edge of the slab, or change the boundary conditions?

I also have to ask, just out of curiosity: Are you expecting the natural frequencies to change? Is the idea that normal forces would change the stiffness of the system?

Good luck!
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back