Abaqus Importing Deformed Geometry to a New Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSW19

Student
Sep 29, 2022
US
Hi,

I am trying to simulate the process of milling of two layers on a small workpiece. I use Johnson-Cook model as material model and for damage criteria. I also use element deletion method. I am able to simulate
image1_1_l2wyc1.png
imported_zpcmxd.png
machining of one layer. When I try to import the deformed geometry of the workpiece to the next model for machining the second layer it also imports the highly deformed chip like geometrical parts along with the rest of the workpiece. Is there any was that I can only import the workpiece without these unnecessary parts.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

How do you import the geometry ? In Abaqus, there's a special import technique that allows you to import the deformed mesh along with its associated material state. Regardless if you set it using Abaqus/CAE or keywords, you can specify individual instances to be imported. Check the documentation chapter "Importing and Transferring Results" for details.

@FEA way
I import the deformed shape from the odb file. The problem is even though the chip is separated the element set for workpiece and chip are shown as one. Therefore, I cannot just import the deformed part. Hope you get an understanding of my problem. Thank you.

You could try assigning both machined layers and the remaining part of the workpiece to individual element sets and then importing only the desired regions:

Code:
*IMPORT, ...
element sets to be imported

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back