Abaqus Inertia Relief

Status
Not open for further replies.

StressAsh

Aerospace
Nov 11, 2019
US
I currently have an Abaqus model and it is giving me the following errors:

The model has no boundary conditions for inertia relief. This may cause at the most 6 numerical singularity warnings during each equilibrium iteration in the analysis. The displacement solution will be postprocessed to remove unconstrained rigid body motion. However, any extra numerical singularity messages may indicate other problems; please rerun the analysis with statically determinant boundary conditions

Inertia relief load will not be applied to elements that do not have a mass or inertia property associated with them, for example, acoustic elements, springs and dashpots; do not have finite boundaries, for example, infinite elements; or do not support fixed boundaries, for example, elements with foundation loads. In this model such elements are identified in the set irloadn.

This model contains gap/coupling/dashpot/spring elements and/or kinematic constraints which may cause unbalanced internal forced/moments associated with internal boundary conditions, E.F., ground node in spring1 elements. These internal forces/moments are not balanced by inertia relief loads. They appear as reaction forces/moments if sufficient boundary conditions are present; otherwise they appear as unconverged residual fluxes in the .msg file.

These three errors I cannot seem to fix. When I add boundary conditions I get a new error stating that the model is overconstrained. I have added contact initialization to remove over closures and gaps which does not solve the gap error. I have done a modal analysis and all regions are connected. There are structural couplings connecting masses to the model but no kinematic connections.

Any ideas would be awesome!
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back