Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

abaqus mesh error - creep simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balamugesh M

Aerospace
Apr 17, 2024
IN
i am getting error while submitting the job in abaqus. it tells that "the following part instances are not completely meshed because they contain regions with only boundary elements". what to do for this error? if i check any unmeshed faces it is null. how to rectify the error?
Screenshot_2024-04-17_120925_zqwqoy.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check the mesh of this instance - type of elements, meshing technique and so on. Try regenerating the mesh and see if there are any errors or warnings. Use the display group Remove Selected tool to hide some elements and see what it looks like inside.

So the error about part instances not completely meshed is gone now, the analysis starts normally and you just have convergence issues ? Those may have lots of different causes, it's impossible to say without knowing all the necessary details about the model. Are the distorted elements just a warning ?

yes instance problem is solved. now i am getting convergence issue due to elements are distorting. what are the details you needed i can provide it.
image_3_mrnkfb.png

Ideally, the whole model file (.cae or .inp). If you can't share it then you should provide as many relevant details as you can - screenshots of the meshed geometry, material properties, step settings, BCs, loads, interactions, constraints and so on.

Make sure that the input values (especially creep constants) are correct. The error seems to come from the creep behavior. You could try adjusting the incrementation and CETOL settings as well.

creep constants are correct it worked correctly for a sample rod, if i try with actual product i get this error. is there anything else i need to do?

Then try adjusting CETOL. But it's also important when and how it fails to converge so one should take a close look at the status and message files.

Yes, CETOL is defined as "Creep/swelling/viscoelastic strain error tolerance" in Abaqus/CAE. It’s important for the convergence of creep problems.

And what is the conclusion ? Can you confirm thay it fails because of large creep strains ?

It depends on the problem, it’s best to change it significantly (maybe even by orders of magnitude), try running the analysis and change it if the simulation still fails. For those tests, it might be reasonable to reduce the mesh density a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back