Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ABAQUS mesh refine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffinspire15

Structural
Mar 5, 2009
US
I have read other post on this topic and still am unable to do what I want. The thread I'm referencing is thread799-178295. I want to refine the mash on a local partition where there is a higher stress concentration. I've tried seed edge and selected the partitioned area and gave it a seed size etc. Then when I mesh region and tell it I'm done meshing the parts stays a white color and when I submit the job it tells me that no mesh has been created. Any help? Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are option buttons for viewing either the assembly or the part on the main screen, depending on whether or not the part is independent or not. Try changing that.

corus

Have you looked into the submodeling part of Abaqus? Youlll be able to take a much more detailed refinement of the question at hand without having to worry about the rest of the model as much. I have not dove too deeply into it personally, but from what I've read, it seems like it was made for this scenerio; I know theres a few forums around here about it somewhere, and if all else fails, try the Abaqus help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back