Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ABAQUS output result inconsistency with input data

Status
Not open for further replies.

abc123ali

Mechanical
Nov 6, 2023
HK
Respected Users, When I input experimental stress- strain data taken form force-displacement experiments in the property module it yields the output force-displacement results not similar but very different from the force-displacement curve of the experimental data input for binder between the plates under tensile loading. The experimental data stress-strain input was just taken from the same force-displacement but here in abaqus putting the values of stress-strain doesnt yield the same-force displacement as of the experiments. Is there anyway to put experimental force displacement in abaqus property input.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Respected users and FEA way, As the link you provided I have checked thoruoghly. Now I am taking the nodal response of the end where a displacement of 5mm is applied on the surface of plate while the other end of the second plate is encastered for moments and forces. In between is a thin layer of adheisve with thickness 200 micron. Now I have taken the single element response of element nodal and whole element but the stress is much greater than the maxsimum input stress in the data and it varies with the time which I havent input or set the strain rate then why the result comes out with respect to time?

2. The nominal strain varies linearly with stress and there is no plasticity or yielding in the model and the input values has non linear relation but when I take nodal respones then the applied displacement varies linearly with time and the reaction force varies nonlineraly with time then the force-displacement curve is non linear while for the linear time dependent displacement constrain the output strain is nonlinear and similar to stress-time curve why? when I make stress-strain curve from this data it becomes linear. The output image is attached here.

3. How is it possible that if the applied displacement constrain is linear and the output strain is nonlinear? The plastic strain is zero why? The jpeg result image is attached here
Thsnks for cooperation

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=5a8c107b-980a-4a1b-9e5a-b8d952d89353&file=ff.JPG
Can you share the .inp or .cae file ? If not, please describe all the details of the analysis (step type and settings, interactions, constraints, BCs, loads and so on) and share as many meaningful screenshots showing the model as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back