Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Abaqus slope stability analysis problem using Mohr Coulomb material model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paja_patak

Student
Dec 21, 2022
RS
Hello,

I'm trying to repeat simple slope stability analysis problem from "Phase2 Slope Stability Verification Manual - example 2". When i try to run job, it shreds first increment to 2e-4 and breaks (Error in job Job-1: Too many attempts made for this increment). Does anyone know what could be an issue? Below is .inp file attached. Thanks!

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=dc3d498b-4d71-4dc2-8f5f-42dd5f3518df&file=phase2_example_2.inp
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

@FEA way, Thanks for the reply,

I've checked Mohr-Coulomb parameters and units multiple times. The material model parameters and model dimensions are taken from Phase2 verification manual (figure in attachment). I get correct resuts using other FEA software, but I don't know where the problem is in Abaqus.

phase2_ex2_oqrjpc.png

Actually, why don't you simulate this in 2D ? If you are sure that all definitions are correct (compare the settings with that other software, taking into account any syntax differences), you can try aiding convergence by enabling automatic stabilization and switching matrix storage to unsymmetric. If it doesn't help, take a closer look at diagnostic information (Tools --> Job Diagnostics in Abaqus/Viewer is a nice tool for that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back