Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

abaqus subroutine SIGINI

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirs

Civil/Environmental
Feb 1, 2012
PT
Dear ABAQUS users,

I have been trying to implement a SIGINI subroutine to include initial stresses in a dynamic analysis.

Question #1: I have used the following syntax to perform the analysis in the command line:
abaqus double job=[jobname] user=[subroutine file name] interactive

However, I am getting the following error:
res_stress.f(6): error #5102: Cannot open include file 'ABA_PARAM.INC'
INCLUDE 'ABA_PARAM.INC'

From the information I have gathered, ABAQUS should be able to find the ABA_PARAM.INC files automatically. However, this is not the case.

Question #2: I am performing a dynamic analysis in ABAQUS/Explicit, which obviously does not support the SIGINI subroutine. However, considering I want to input an initial stress/strain state, is it possible to run a *static step prior to the explicit dynamic step to run SIGINI?

Thanks in advance for any possible input on the subject.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

1. Assuming you have successfully ran subroutines on your machine previously and that you have not modified the first few lines of the subroutine, you might want to add some environment variables pointing to the .inc files. .inc files, if I remember correctly, are in the site folder. If that does not help, copy the .inc file to your current directory.

2. Not sure, sorry.

What is definitely possible is to first run a static analysis (with Standard I mean) to map your SIGINI and then do a *Import, state=yes in a second Explicit run to pick up those stresses from the first model.

Hi pirs

i work with subroutines..i use sigini, sdvini und umat. I don´t understand why do you use "interative" in the end, i ever run my models without it!...on the other hand it is so unusual that Aba.param.inc create an error. maybe if you put your subroutine i can help you to identify the problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back