Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Abaqus user subroutine problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balamugesh M

Aerospace
Apr 17, 2024
IN
i have been trying to use UMAT code in Abaqus, for that i linked the Fortran compiler like HPC tool kit, Base Kit, Visual studio 2019 for Abaqus V2020. while verifying i getting error, i dont know what to do, how to solve the error, kindly help me with this. this is the error while verifying in windows power shell [URL unfurl="true"]https://res.cloudinary.com/engineering-com/image/upload/v1714714866/tips/temp_image_20240503_110950_d42f50cd-2e3f-4baf-ad22-e213247f8b14_mtpdw8.webp[/url]

this the std_user.log file details[URL unfurl="true"]https://res.cloudinary.com/engineering-com/image/upload/v1714714951/tips/temp_image_20240503_110941_2e89e624-3a3c-409f-91c6-ba7b66f50819_heye8x.webp[/url]

this error came while running the subroutine code in Abaqus [URL unfurl="true"]https://res.cloudinary.com/engineering-com/image/upload/v1714715000/tips/temp_image_20240503_110959_3e44bdc6-0916-4b98-8370-8a1028f579f2_nulpwo.webp[/url]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

no .msg file is created, in .dat file nothing is there i will attach the .dat file image
image_6_lthylo.png
image_5_gp168t.png

Are the environment variables set up properly ? Check the YouTube tutorial "Step-by-Step installation guide: Link a Fortran Compiler to ABAQUS in order to use UMAT & Subroutine".

What is the output if you use the abaqus info=system command ? It should show the compiler if it’s linked properly.

There are some specific Abaqus environment file settings for Intel OneAPI compiler. They are mentioned in various articles, including the Dassault Systemes Knowledge Base article "Compiling User Subroutines in Windows with SIMULIA Abaqus and Intel OneAPI". The Abaqus version mentioned there is 2021. I’m not sure if it can work with 2020. Can you update your Abaqus version ?

in abaqus info=system command it run completely, and it shows the compiler name as well no linking problem. I can't able to upgrade the version is there any other solution

Maybe at least you could install the newest fix pack for this release ? If not, I think that you should reinstall, following the procedure described in the aforementioned articles but it's quite likely that it just won't work with this version. You can also check the Dassault Systemes Program Directories website to make sure you are using compatible versions of all prerequisites.

Did you manage to successfully execute a job from one of the examples in the documentation? If not, then you might want to give that a try. If that fails, then odds are you have software compatibility issues to fix.

Are you new to this forum? If so, please read these FAQs:

Given your slow progress so far in nearly 3 weeks when it should not take more than an hour or so, I suggest you ask your supervisor to pay for tech support. Otherwise, you will end up spending way too long on something no one is going to give you credit for i.e., you should be writing code relevant to your specific problem, debugging it, and showing progress to your supervisor and not wasting time setting up the environment to do coding in. Its tough but has the advantage of being realistic.

Are you new to this forum? If so, please read these FAQs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back