Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

abaqus warning !

Status
Not open for further replies.

eli215

Structural
Apr 23, 2009
FR
hi, i used constraint to tie(surface to surface) two different parts. the job runs but i always have the same warning message:
"For *tie pair(assembly__pickedsurf12-assembly__pickedsurf11), not all the nodes that have been adjusted were printed. Specify *preprint,model=yes for complete printout."

thanks in advanced for your help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It'll be due to the distance between the surfaces being too great to tie them toegther. You can adjust the value, but it's best to see where these nodes are, say by looking at contours of displacement, to see if there isn't an error in your model somewhere.

corus

There's nothing wrong with that error message. All it's telling you is that it adjusted a lot of nodes to make sure they were in contact, but it didn't print them all to your data file. It's no big deal.

But as corus hinted at... If the nodes at the tie interface look like they have moved too much, then you need to pay attention to the warning message.

in the same study, i have an other warning for mesh :
"3 elements are distorted. Either the interior angles are out of the suggested limits or the triangular or tetrahedral quality measure is bad. The elements have been identified in element set WarnElemDistorted."

It depends on how many elements you have in your simulation and whether or not those three elements are in a critical region of your model. If you have 30,000 elements and only three are distorting, then you're probably okay. BUT, if those elements are near a critical region, then this could be bad. Also, distorted elements will likely cause convergence issues even if they are in a non-critical region. You'll be able to tell if this is the case by looking at your MSG file and

as the warning says you must specify "*preprint,model=yes", you can do that by selecting "Job>General>Print model definition data" in GUI. but actually it is not a serious problem..

Regards,

Mohammad Shahbazi
shahbazi@omranafzar.com
----------------------------------
Please DO NOT respond to me directly but don't hesitate to post your response here so that all can share the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back