Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

About Language Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

realmagicracer

Aerospace
Jan 3, 2008
BG
Hello people.
I just noticed something interesting. I have a lot of colleagues that aren't native English speakers, but NX doesn't support Bulgarian UI. I can't saw that they are bad engineers, but this brings to difficulties during their daily work.
One of the conditions of software distribution locally in Bulgaria is the availability of local language user interface. As far as I know this is part of the local laws in force for copyrighting.
And I have the following questions:
1) Do I have to pay for a product that doesn't support local language user interface or I can use it for free?
2) Do the local NX-providers have the right to sale that kind of software in that case?

PS: I believe that there are many similar cases all over the world.

Regards: Dimo Urumov
Aircraft Engineer
Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No Dimo that argument doesn't work. If one of the conditions of the software distribution would be that it has to support Bulgarian Language that would simply mean that NX if it does not support Bulgarian does not qualify for distribution. Assuming that NX does not support Bulgarian language then theoretically it cannot be distributed in Bulgaria. That would mean that it cannot be used legally at all in your country. It would not entitle you in any way shape or form to violate local or international copyright law.

Obviously if NX is sold in your country PLMS may offer a different interpretation of the facts.

Anyway your english is not so bad, so while I see your frustration I think that line of questioning you were taking leads nowhere. Perhaps you should contact your local reseller and pursue them to put you in contact with people from PLMS who are interested in getting some help to implement Bulgarian language support. I suspect that if they were able to secure the help of somebody such as yourself who is fluent in both Bulgarian and Engineering then they would be fools to reject the opportunity to do so.

Cheers

Hudson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back