Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

About Leed workshop and test

Status
Not open for further replies.

lzh007

Mechanical
Jan 17, 2005
CA
How much will LEED workshop help the test?
Any big difference between Canadian and US test?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The LEED workshop will help you know what to study harder on. I haven't taken the updated test, I got my LEED AP way back in early 2001 and two weekends reading both the Reference Guide as well as the Sustainable Building Handbook got me through OK, as well as the 22 years (at that time) experience in Building Systems design and construction.

The Canadian and US exam is virtually the same as far as I know based on other folks here in the office that have taken the exam in the last year.

I know of 2 guys who passed the LEED exam by studying with a pirate copy that was missing 50 pages (single sided). They did not realize of the missing pages untill they passed the exam.
Goes to tell you how hard that exam is. You don't need a worshop for this one.
I prepared three times for the LEED exam, (one time with that pirate copy missing 50 pages), my problem is that I get mad at all the BS in that darn book, especially at the outraging exam fee. So I gave up taking it each time. I am probably a better LEED engineer by now than most LEED certified ones. My nature just won't let me take it.

In any event, if I were you, I'd study everything. Read the book three times, and it sinks perfectly.

Best of luck to you any way.

Why pirate copy? My company is a LEED member, we even have an Acrobat copy of the reference guide on network. (LEED canada does not accept personal membership) Is it not the whole part?
It seems that experience help a lot with the test. How about other's recent experience with the test.
I have not started to learn. Just a little bit sick of so much to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back