Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Above ground fish farm tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebco

Civil/Environmental
Apr 13, 2009
US
Good Morning Guys, haven't posted in a while. Need some input for a new client.
He wants to build several 5'deep x 16' wide x 40' long above ground tanks on an existing slab. All being poured concrete and inside a soon to be heated building/ warehouse. I need some design help. Of course water leakage must be kept to a minimum. Insulation for water temp. would be nice. What are the most and best economical solutions out there. The client wants to raise fish for marketing. What are the design issues I should be aware of? Stresses' rebar, leakage etc.? Water pH for fish in a concrete pond? I know there are all kinds of things involved but my main issue is the integrety of the walls themselves. I'm just looking for the best ideas.

Thanks, Herb

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I won't design the tank for you, eventho, it is relatively straight forward when you use reinforced concrete. The thing that you want to make sure is the coating of the tank if you decide to apply a coating. My advice is to contact an industrial paint representative for advice.

This is an application for Octagon forms.

"Octaform is a stay-in-place, concrete forming system. Its closest comparison is to an insulated concrete form (ICF). Long considered by contractors to be an effective, green building material, ICFs provide excellent climate control and energy efficiency. Octaform provides all of these benefits and more.

Because the forming system stays in place, the concrete wall is finished when formed – in one step. This eliminates the need for harsh coatings or cladding. Also, Octaform is extremely versatile. Unlike with traditional ICFs (that are similar in shape to Lego blocks), forming curved walls is a snap with Octaform. Add to this, a built-in, watertight, PVC lining and you have the world’s best solution for concrete tanks."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back