Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Absorption CO2 from flue gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChantalBaz

Chemical
Oct 12, 2017
MX
Hi Im having problems with my simulation of capture of CO2. Everything its okay until I get the recycle, it broke. In some pages and thesis, I was reading that the flow of the lean amine has to be regulate for achieve 85%, I don´t what variables I have to adjust to regulate the efficiency. I think this could be the problem.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Pls read the simulation software on the section dealing with recycle unit operation. You may also have to "help the simulation model convergence" to reach covergence by giving initial values for the recycle stream flows, component composition and properties. Also make estimates on column tray temperatures and compositions, even if you think you may be far off the final solution. Also apply damped acceleration on Wegstein convergence as required. These are suggestions based on my experience with similar simulations on Pro - II / Simsci - check the Hysis manuals for how Hysis deals with difficult simulation convergence simulations. You may also have to initially loosen global simulation tolerances on mass balance, energy and component balances to ge the initial solution. Plough these initial values back into the simulation model and continue to tighten tolerances with each converged simulation till you get reasonably tight or standard tolerances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back