Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ac1st16.dll file missing for Autocad

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekman

Electrical
Sep 3, 2009
US
I recently installed some (legal, safe) software and afterwards went to open an Autocad file and I got an error saying that the AC1ST16.dll file was missing. Google and soforth resulted in tons of sites that offered to allow me to download this file, or a program that would 'fix' it, but further investigation proved that this was not a safe option. The "CAD Forum" offered the following:
But not being entirely familiar with the Windows 7 system files, I didn't quite understand what it was saying, until it was pointed out to me that the file was located in the "Program Files (x86)-Common files-Autodesk Shared" file folder.
Pasting the link to this file in the above mentioned environment variable fixed my problem, no reinstall required, just worked as always.
I hope this helps someone like me who almost went and reinstalled Autocad, which we all know will waste the better part of a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back