Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ACAD “MEASUREGEOM” Command

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSVBD

Structural
Jul 23, 2015
US
“MEASUREGEOM” is new to me. Pre-ACAD LT 2016 I would enter “DS” (self-made macro) for the “DISTANCE” command.

Through ACAD LT 2016, entering “DS” now brings up the “MEASUREGEOM” command, which DOES accomplish the same intent, for my use, as the former “DISTANCE” command.

HOWEVER, what I personally find annoying (since “one more” keystroke DOES add “one more” keystroke) is, at the end of my measuring intent, when I expect the command to be completed allowing me to perform a different command, I get this informational graphic:

Distance1_t6q1nh.jpg

which, although informational, requires that “one more” keystroke, to “eXit” the command, which did NOT occur pre-2016, which i would like to avoid, since that information is provided at the command prompt allowing me to execute another command. For some reason, unlike at the end of many commands, when i hit either the space bar or the "Enter" key, which ends the command, hitting "space" or "Enter" after accomplishing (1) "measure" function, prompts you to perform another, unless i go through the dreaded "one more" keystroke.

I tried unchecking several boxes within the “Options” dialogue box to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You want it to work like it used to.

Remap the keyboard shortcut to the distance command. Don't waste your time trying to make a different command work like a command that is still there and working just fine.

Done.

Thank you, JNieman!

I thought I've been through this before.

I do NOT know why i changed the macro, or pgp file to MEASUREGEOM, but, apparently i did.

It's working the way it used to.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back