Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acad 2007 with Vista 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLEEB

Civil/Environmental
Jul 2, 2009
US
Does anyone know how to run Acad 2007 on Vista 64 bit system? What Marks625 suggested seams to work, but i can't register the product (for the activation code) because it locks up at one of the pop-ups, when i hit next. If i don't register it, it runs fine, but you only have 30 days. A couple years ago Marks625 wrote:
Someone else must have had this problem or is just about to.--------------So I bought a new computer on Sunday. It came with Windows Vista. The very first thing I did was load ACADLT2007.Here is what happened:Install ACAD....Try to start program....Program won't runun-install program....re-boot....re-install program....Still won't rununinstall program....re-boot....turn off PITA Norton....re-install program....still won't runThink....Think....ThinkRemember the compatability issues when XP came out? To get ACADLT2007 to run in Vista here is what I did:Go to the acadlt.exe fileRight-Click on the fileGo to the Compatability TabCheck-Run the program in Compatability Mode for Windows XP(SP2)Click on Show settings for all usersCheck-Run this program as an administratorClick Apply and Ok back outProgram runs fine :)I hope this helps anyone as frustrated as I was that ACAD might not yet be compatable with Vista.Mark SchroderDesign EngineerMcKean & Associates Engineers

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

AutoCAD only runs on Vista 64 bit in 32 bit compatibility mode. Not sure how to implement that, though... Try the Autodesk forums or the AUGI (Autodesk User Group International) forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back