Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACAD 2009 - Match properties from xref

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanSweeney

Civil/Environmental
Mar 16, 2005
NO
Is it possible to match properties from a specific layer in an xref drawing to your current drawing. The xref is 5 minute opening time heavy so that its a real pain to open and copy object (or Ncopy).

Cheers. Sean.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Its a touch long winded but if it takes me 1 minute rather than the 5 it takes to open the drawing then got to be a bonus.

Cheers. Sean.

What properties were you hoping to match? Try typing (entget (car (nentsel))) and picking an entity in the xref. This should give you a list of the entity's properties, which can be stripped and assigned to another entity that belongs in the dwg. I'd be glad to help more if you know what properties you want to match.

The properties I am after are the same as if you are using matchprop command, ie. colour, linetype, layer global width and so on, some of which I can get directly from a copy of the layer (through design center as suggested by Exxit, but not all).

Basicly I'm after a way to replicate matchprop but taking those properties from an object in Xref rather than an object in current drawing.

Cheers. Sean.

Hi Lpseifert
Loaded but get this message

Select source entity: ; error: no function definition: VLAX-ENAME->VLA-OBJECT

Any ideas?

Cheers. Sean.

Hi again
It seems to work partially by moving the entity to the layer I have created, but doesn't change the properties of the object or the layer (so doesn't change dashed to dash dot for example) and the layer which you have to make yourself also has to be set up with the correct properties, such as bylayer, colour etc.

But thanks all the same.

Cheers. Sean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back