Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ACAD LT 2016 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSVBD

Structural
Jul 23, 2015
US
I'm wondering if my ACAD LT 2016 is corrupt.

In general, i will concede to user error - there is typically something i simply do not understand.

When i draw a line, i can start the line from 0,0, BUT, for some reason, when i attempt to draw a line, i will click at a random point in (the black) space, but, when i want the second point to be 0,0, when i type "0,0" ACAD does not recognize this.

I'm fairly new to ACAD LT 2016, therefore, i suppose i am simply not understanding something.

What am i doing wrong?

Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Vladimir, thank you for your effort.

Between your comments and the cadforum, i solved the problem.

I've been using ACAD for twenty years and have not experienced this necessity of the extra key-strokes.

I'm noticing with my updated version of ACAD LT 2016, that i'm having to enter more key-strokes than in the past, to accomplish the same basic commands. I thought less keystrokes was the efficient method.

To be honest, the problems you've been having in these recent threads are all features that have existed for many years. This isn't new to 2016 nor is it a matter of making extra keystrokes. It's just that your default settings were somehow changed during a new installation, so it's not how you're used to doing it.

JNieman, i concede to EVERY detail of your reply, especially that my default settings were somehow changed.

As stated in the “Display Coordinate” thread, I conclude that my settings were altered during a tech support "enhancement" or modification to our network. Nothing intentional, just unfortunate and frustrating.

I simply need to gradually, as time permits, do the necessary research to get my settings back to where I desire them. This will inevitably result in future inquiries to this particular forum.

Thank you again!

No worry. It's a common problem. I'm more surprised that you got by this long without having such troubles! Even when doing my best as a de-facto CAD Manager at an old gig, it seems I still managed to screw up some users' settings. I'd do my best to manage profiles, CUIs, menu files, etc depending on vintage, and sometimes there'd be a user whose settings just didn't take when importing old profiles/CUIs/etc.

Did they leave your old version installed? One thing I always did was to leave the old one installed for a month or so before removing it - this way, I had a chance to identify settings/issues in the new version, and either export a new partialCUI file from the old software, or just double-check sysvars and settings. It served as a go-by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back