Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

acceptable values for Bus Ductor Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

raadhatab

Electrical
Oct 19, 2006
CA
Hi

Can any body tell me what are the acceptable code values for contact resistance (Bus Ductor Test) to bus sections, bus bars ..etc

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure there is a code for ductor tests on busbars (perhaps ANSI/NETA ATS, but I've never used it). The contact resistance of busbar joints will depend on the type of joint (bolted, clamped, welded, etc), contact area and pressure, and this will obviously differ across manufacturers.

You need to consult the manufacturer's recommendations on acceptable test results. That said, a max contact resistance of 10 micro-ohms is often quoted for large bolted joints.

The only thing in NETA is they should not vary by more than 50% between similar connections (Phases). But you should only see a few micro ohms.

Zogzog pretty much has it correct EXCEPT NETA says to investigate values which deviate from those of similar bolted connections by more than 50% of the lowest value. Typically, the similar connections are the different phases and you are comparing the readings on A, B, and C phases. Readings should be in the micro-ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back